Sunday, May 4, 2014

COS Bound


Currently, I am sitting in a hotel, waiting until tomorrow morning, when all the remaining members of my class (those who have not been medically separated or ET-ed, which means “early termination”) will travel to a resort north of Dar es Salaam, where we will have out COS conference (Completion/Close of Service, it’s different for almost everyone you ask).

You know what this means?

I’ve reached the first step of finishing my Peace Corps service.

This week is dedicated to figuring out how to use PC on our resumes and for future jobs/grad schools that we apply for.  How to do the mountain of paperwork that naturally comes with any government job.  How to adjust to life back in the U.S. once we return.  How to spend the last approximate 3 months in our villages, where we’ll wrap up projects and enjoy our time with the people who have loved us and accepted us.  This week is also the last time I’ll see most of these wonderful people, my fellow PCTZ 2012 volunteers.  Probably forever, if I’m being realistic.  I hope I’m not right, but with this crazy world where connections are much easier to maintain than before…I daresay I’ll run into some of these crazy, globetrotting, hilarious and daring people.

I’ll also be having a few drinks by the pool.  Why?  Cuz I made it to COS.  That’s the only reason I need to sip a well-deserved drink.

2 comments:

  1. Take lots of pictures of all those pcvs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful thing to put on your resume. Knowing you as well as I do, I predict you will stay in touch with a LOT of those new friends. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete